The workshop began with welcome messages from University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff academic officials, including Drs. Johnson and Benjamin. Mayor Redus also welcomed workshop participants.
Dr. Fetterman provided an outline of the workshop, including plenary speakers and workshop facilitators. He also highlighted the local Arkansas evaluation group's meeting during the workshop.
Plenary speakers included: Senator Tracey Steele, Representative Flowers, Kevin Collins (Centers for Disease Control), Charles Gasper, Missouri Foundation for Health, and Charlotte Lewellen-Williams (University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service).
The House of Representatives presented a Citation for our work during the workshop:
The topics and speakers were as follows:
- Dr. Stewart Donaldson - Practical Program Evaluation
- Dr. Tarek Azzam - Technological Tools
- Dr. David Fetterman - Empowerment Evaluation
- Dr. Rosalie Torres - Interviewing Skills
- Dr. Abraham Wandersman - Getting to Outcomes
Center for Disease Control and Prevention literature was made available to participants free of charge, including:
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
- Introduction to Process Evaluation in Tobacco Use Prevention and Control
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco